"Every picture is accurate. None of them is the truth"
Wandering so much, I sometimes feared becoming a
ghost, with no roots, drifting from place to place. This
lightness was unbearable at times. Therefore my
photos: I needed new anchors.
Photography for me is a search for myself, others and
the universes we create. I want to provoke a dance
between what we see, what we hear and what we say;
to create a small world around "impossible"
questions: time, memory, sexuality, loss, the genesis
of a subject. Many of my works include texts, written
Pictures like mirrors? Windows to the soul? Tips of
icebergs whose bodies are ourselves?
I was there once. Not anymore. In between: what is
lost and what is not. Words and silence.
Images are only faithful to themselves.
They exist for everyone to take in.
Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina
MA in Psychology, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Studied photography with Laura Parker and Peter Reiss
at UCLA and with Andrew Freeman at Otis Parson's
School of Art, Los Angeles, CA, 1990-93 And with Sam
Appleby at the Westminster College, London,2001-02
- Focus, Art Store, DC, June 2006.
- Anonimo, Sinonimo, Antonimo, Centro Cultural Recoleta,
Buenos Aires, August 2004.
- London Biennale 2004, Gallery 32, London, 2004.
- Images & Origins II: Reflections of Women
Photographers, Los Angeles City Hall, Los Angeles 1999
- Annual Group Show , Los Angeles Photography Center,
Los Angeles 1991
- Salón Apertura, Centro de Arte Contemporáneo,
Buenos Aires 1992
- Don't Get Me Wrong, Floyd Studio, Los Angeles
- Papel Arte, Centro Cultural Recoleta, Buenos Aires
- Women Focus on Women, The Learning Alliance,
New York 1997
- Portfolio 97, Time Life Building, New York 1997
- Plain Brown Wrapper, an Exhibition of Pornographic Art,
ABC no Rio, New York 1999
- Anonimo-Sinonimo, Centro Cultural Recoleta,
Buenos Aires, 2004
- London Biennale 2004, Gallery 32, London, UK
- Argentinean Artists, Ratner Museum, Bethesda, 2006
- Salón de Otoño, Argentinean Embassy, Washington, DC,
-Argentinos en New York II, Argentinian Consulate,
New York, December 2005.
- Andy Goldstein Gallery, Buenos Aires 1996. Curated
by Alicia D'Amico
- Bowery Sign Language: Grazlike, Graz,Austria 1996.
Curated by Anita Hofer
- Argentinos en New York, Argentinian Consulate,
New York 1999
- Postcards, University of California, San Francisco 2002
- Españoles en New York, Angel Orensanz Foundation,
New York 2002
- Postcards,Torre del Retiro,Buenos Aires 2003
- Argentinos en New York II, consulado argentino en
New York, 2005
Catalogues and Archives
- Archives of National Museum of Women,Washington DC
- Transbarroso, Latin American Artists in London
- Staffordshire University, UK